Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ready for VIR! (?)

Well it is Sunday night, and I have pretty much met all of my preseason goals.
- The car is done and tested.
- The last minute prep work has been completed (new gearing, swaybar, patches on drivers suites, car washed and waxed...)
- The truck and trailer are all packed up and ready to leave later this week.

Everything is quiet now in the Maisey garage. Time for a little cleanup.

First up was the long suffering Yamaha. It has been sitting patiently in a corner while all of my attention has been lavished on a new toy. In the process it was getting pretty grungy. (Kinda reminds me of the Velvetine Rabbit story I used to read to my daughter).

But the bike has feelings too, so tonight it was time for a little love for the Yamaha. A thourough wash also allowed me to mop the floor of the garage as a side benefit. So now she sits all clean and shiny, with a promise of an 80+ degree tomorrow good day for a ride to work.

So not much Blogging to come this week, it is time for a little rest and relaxation (and a few good nights sleep)...

Wednesday night/Thursday morning I will be making the trek to VIR for the opening races of the season. I have packed up the scales and alignment platform (and almost every tool in the garage - again). With some luck, I should be mounting the new Penskes and doing a final corner weight/ride height setup at the track in the morning Thursday - not my preference, but with the tight timeline it is the best we can do. Otherwise all is as ready as I can make it.

The car looks great resplendant in the F1600 Series sponsor stickers and fresh polish and wax job. I have a good feeling about the weekend.

Let's hope all of this hard work pays off.

TTYL,
Sean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you believe mechanical things have feelings then you MUST beat the #0 VD, and that will give your car the warm feeling of redemption :-)