Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summit Point F1600 Series Prep Work


One of the suggested performance improvements for the next race is to significantly soften the suspension.  I have recently learned that both the spring rates and the tire pressures I have been running are significantly greater than the competition.  So out came the spring collection, and I softened the fron and rear rates by approximately 150# each.  Hope it works...

The funny thing is that after changing springs I went to the trouble of unpacking and setting up the alignment platform.  I was particularly concerned that because I had to go from 4" to 5" springs at front, and 5" to 4" at the rear to get the rates I wanted and therefor had to move the spring perches and reset the preload that they would be significantly off the original setup.

Looks like I needant have bothered.  The corners were within a couple of pounds.  But you never know until you check.  This DOES bode well for any last minute at track adjustments though.  I can be confident that I will not completely screw up the setup by changing spring - as long as I am fairly methodical in setting preload.


After a minor adjustment (1/8 turn or so)...  Right on the money...
** Note this is the car weight without nose, engine cover or (most significantly) a driver.


So on goes the body work and in goes the driver (minus helmet)...


1106# more or less ready to race.  Right about where I want to be with a little fuel in the car, and all fluids topped off. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: