Tuesday, December 1, 2009

11/18/09 - Back to work!

After putting Sammy on the bus by myself (for the first time in a long while), I headed in to work. (I am an IT Manager at Colonial Williamsburg - www.colonialwilliamsburg.com .

I was amazed on the drive in at how natural it felt to be back in the work groove. Passing by all of the familiar places, it really didn't feel like I'd been away for nearly three MONTHS. But the cool temps and falling leaves reminded me that I had missed the end of summer (and much of the Fall).

Arriving at my office, I spent most of the day greeting visitors as the word got around that I was back. I really can't describe how gratifying it was to have so much support and concern for my well being. I am lucky to work with so many great people.

The day went by very quickly, and althought I intended to cut out early, before I knew it, it was 5:00 and time to head home...

No comments: