Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Update 11/16

Today I traveled back to MCV (thanks to the Mom and Joe taxi service) for a check on my repaired left femur. In the accident I suffered a compound fracture about 5-6" above the knee. Dr. Cheatham did the original surgery on August 23rd, and inserted a titanium rod through the center of the bone from my knee to my hip. (Note to self - next time stay down after the crash)

Good news... The bone is knitting well, and I am cleared for full activity! Of course the 2 months of bed rest on top of the original injury have not been kind to my flexibility.

Natalie from Sentara Home Health Care has been working with me for a few weeks now, and great progress is being made.

I am walking very tenatively but well enough that I have scheduled a return to work this Wednesday (11/18). I call this major progress!

I have a couple of pictures of the repairs to my leg. (I will edit them into this post shortly.)

No comments: