Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Final Race Prep

Newly re-rimmed Panasport C3 wheels with rains. They were a bit of work to get together, but they seem to hold air nicely. So now I am ready for the wet weather.





Front repairs all done. Nose came out perfectly nice. New lower a-arm was a pain to install, but in the end it all came out looking good during the alignment process.

One brain fart to tell on myself. After the repairs were done, I wanted to scale the car to make sure that the new a-arm hadn't changed the corner weights... So up on the scales it went, and to my surprise the readout read 167/276 for the fronts. I sat there scratching my head for a while wondering how I had managed to get the corners 100# off with a simple a-arm change.

Well after a few minutes, I figured it out. The rears were reading 274/170. Checked my scale cables and yep, I had one set reversed (front in rear, rear in front). So the real corner weights were spot on...Whew!

Tonght is the final load up for the Glen. Hope it cools off soon, becuase pushing aropund a 800# racecar in 95 degree weather kinda sucks.

Later,
Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: