Monday, May 30, 2011

Nose job complete!

So after several hours of prep work, out came the paint gun and the part is now "finished". A little wet sanding and polishing tomorrow morning, and it will definitely pass the 50/50 test (looks good from 50 feet at 50 mph).

Tomorrow I should finish up my prep for the Glen round of the F1600 Championship Series. I still need to reset the front toe and check out the camber/castor/corner weights. Then load it all up for next weekend.

I am getting pretty excited about going back to the Glen. I haven't raced there since 1995 (in my old Reynard FC). But I really enjoyed the track and the area back then. So I am hoping for a similarly positive experience this time. My dad (Bill Maisey) will be tagging along as my 'crew' and chief engineer. Hopefully we can pull off a couple of respectable finishes...

Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: