Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting ready for the stand

Getting ready to move the engine off of the pallet and onto the roll around lift-cart. This cart has turned out to be very handy for moving engines and crates on and off of the back of my truck and looked like an easy way (with my low ceilings) to lift the engine up to the height of the engine stand.
Wishful thinking as I have a lot of work to do yet to make this a reality. But I think it looks cool there on the nose. Just like an Indycar or the old F1 cars...
You just can't do this with your father's Formula F motor. I simply lifted it up off of the pallet and set it on the lift cart. I swear this motor really doesn't weigh much more than the Suzuki GSXR1000 motors I have gotten so used to changing out in recent years...

Lift cart raised and ready to affix the engine stand 'yoke'. Need to get new longer bolts tomorrow...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: