Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Bound

Well, not exactly, but close.  Tonight I stopped by my mom's house to retreive the engine stand that she has very understandingly been storing in one of her sheds.  All went better than expected in extracting it from under piles of pool toys and other summer items, and in no time I had it loaded in the back of the truck and was headed home for an evening of engine reconfiguration - or so I thought...

Leaving mom's driveway turned into a big adventure.  The 2-3' vertical rise from the middle of the horseshoe to the exit was a slippery frozen mess, and after half a dozen tries, I was STUCK!   Thankfully, FE racer and 4WD Diesel Dually owner Eric Cruz lives right around the corner.  So a quick phone call and he was on the way. 

Even with his 3500 Chevy Dually doing the pulling we had a heck of a time getting the old Dodge over the rise and out into the street.  (Thanks Eric! - I owe you another one).

Not the most auspicious beginning to the evening.  But now after a little dinner and football enthusiasm is running high again and I am ready to dig back in.  So out to the garage...

Sean

No comments: