Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Airbox Concepts


With most of the car off at Eric's shop for fabrication things were getting pretty dull here at the Maisey garage.

So last night I stole some of my daughter's poster board (sorry Sammy) and mocked up one concept of an airbox.

My original thought was to keep the water surge tank in it's FC location (right behind the headrest). Talking to Eric this afternoon, we agreed on another location. So this piece turned out to be just an exercise.

Now that I know that I will have more room to work with, I will be making a larger box. The current plan is to incorporate a small scoop feeding through the side (between) the main roll hoops. Steve Oseth was kind enough to send me a bunch of pictures of his setup, and at this point I plan to make something similar to what he is running.

Once again this will be a lot easier to visualize once I have the car back in the shop.

Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: