Sunday, February 20, 2011

Front Bodywork Complete...

Today I stopped by the senior Maisey Racing shops to pickup my newly finished front end pieces. Painting in the winter time is always dodgy for those of us who lack a climate controlled paint booth. But dad did a nice job on one of the warmer days we have been graced with recently. A little wet sanding and polishing compound and the pieces turned out very nice (especially for parts that will suffer a tough life inches from the ground).

Newly painted crushbox cover. A little finish sanding and polish and it really looks too good for race parts...

Nose all assembled and bench fit. Looking really good. I have never owned a green race car (I have always been partial to yellow and black and Lee Stohr insisted on painting his first DSR Ferrari Red). So this is a definite departure for me. But it is really starting to grow on me (pun unintended)...


Hopefully it is actually as Aero as it looks. Seems like it is going 140 right here on the work table :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: