Thursday, February 24, 2011

Suspension (continued)

Final act for tonight was to complete the rear suspension assembly and repack the CV joints with (messy) red synthetic grease. Things are really starting to come together now. It is beginning to look more like a racecar than a pile of parts strewn over several states...

I did get a bit of inconvenient news earlier today. Steve Lathrop dynoed my shocks and more or less concluded that I need to spring for some "real" shocks. So after chatting with Eric about my options, I posted a search for used 8670s on ApexSpeed. Gotta love the Apex community - by the time I logged on tonight after dinner I had three different options...

I think the plan for now is going to be getting the old Konis back ASAP from Lathrop so that I have the option to use them for a test outing at VIR (March 11th). If I can acquire the Penskes in the mean time I will work that option in parallel.

On the good news front Eric tells me that the plating shop is working on the engine bay pieces and may be able to get them done in a couple of days. So hopefully I can get those back earlier than I originally thought.

Tomorrow my Pegasus order should be in and I should get the AIM Dash and EVO system. So wiring and plumbing work should commence shortly.

Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: