Thursday, February 3, 2011

Body Work (Nose Completed)

Fiberglass work completed I used a little filler to match the surfaces (within reason). I figure this is probably a taped seam in race conditions any way, but I had some time to kill to try to make it look reasonable.

All sanded and primed the pieces are ready to go to the Maisey paint shop for finish work...

One of the bigger challenges was figuring out how to mount the small anteater nose. The flange on the pice was too short to match up to the holes already drilled in the nose. Since I want to experiment with using both the anteater setup and the more traditional lower nose and crushbox cover I needed to make up a couple of aluminum strips to adapt the new nose piece. About an hour of careful drilling and fitting later and this was the final result. I am pretty happy with it. Not quite show car quality, but good enough for something that will be very exposed to the racing elements.


Side view of the completed nose assembly. Looks pretty sexy if I do say so!

Next up on the agenda fitting the "filler" panels to the gearbox/engine covers.

Later,
Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: