Saturday, March 19, 2011

More on the Aixbox/Scoop

Top view of the new airbox. As you can see, it wedges nicely between the throttle body and the headrest.

View with the temporary fairing template moved out of the way. Note just enough room for the throttle linkage to operate with out interferance with the airbox. Now to build a new fairing to cover the intake and continue the lines of the new airbox.

Right rear view of the new airbox.


Stripped of the parts... This is what I am starting with.

On other notes:
- I did a little gear analysis earlier today. Turns out that I was running gearing that was way too tall at the VIR test last week. If the Honda was up to it I could have done 138mph at 6600rpm... I am thinking that the Honda top speed in SCCA trim is more like 129-130. Maybe with the F1600 restricter I can pull another MPH or two, but probably not 8-9! My 3rd gear was way off too, so a gear change will be in the offing before the F1600 debut. Hopefully this will all add up to much more competitive lap times...

- Eric Langbein tells me that he has my new (to me) Penskes in process. Assuming that Penske has all the parts in stock, I should have them done in plenty of time for VIR.

- I sent in my entry for the opener earlier today. Hard to believe that it is only a few weeks away now.

- All the way to the VIR test the speedo on my trusty old Dodge Diesel truck was jumping around and ultimately quit altogether. Nothing like driving 3 hours in the dark in a driving rainstorm with only the tach to go by. So - time for a little tow truck maintenance. Tonight after replacing both the transmission and differential speed sensors, I was dismayed to still have the problem. So back under the truck...Eventually I traced the wires and discovered that the diff sensor wire had been rubbing on the drop link for the rear sway bar and one of the wires was severed. So a little wiring work later, Big Blue is back in proper working order again! One less thing to worry about.

More tomorrow,
Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: