Monday, March 14, 2011

Scoop

So back from the track, and I have a surprisingly small list of issues to address from the test. First and foremost is to fabricate a permanent bodywork solution to cover the intake area and a cold air inlet. In discussions with my dad, we are thinking that the bodywork should be extended to cover the whole area, and a seperate cold air intake can be fabricated that will stay attached to the car. So Saturday and today I started work on a first concept of the bodywork mods. Pictured here is my first try. The concept is to take the cold air in over the top of the headrest. I am still trying to decide if this is a big enough inlet, so I may still enlarge it a bit before I call it done. My original calculations indicate that a 2.5" diameter inlet should be sufficent. This inlet has more area, but sure looks a little small. Thankfully I have a little time now to mull it over.

Right side view. (Still in need of much finish work if I decide to keep this profile).

Front view. I can trim the headrest down about 1/2" and still meet the 36 sq in. rule, so that may be an option too.

Any input is appreciated...

Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: