Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shocks (continued)

Width of lower front shock bearing... .50" (I think this is a standard MM6T rod end with a bushing in the bore).
Rear shocks are more standard. They use the same "hat" bushings at both ends. Fastners are 5/16" diameter.

Shock lengths:
14" Front (center of eye to eye)
12" Rear (center of eye to eye)

Other developments today:
1) I SUCK at sewing, after about an hour of pricking my fingers and uttering a few choice explitives, I gave up last night. So this afternoon I took my driver suits over to the local Vietnamese district in town and decided to "outsource" the attachment of the required F1600 Series, SCCA Pro Racing and Hoosier Race Tire patches to the local taylor shop. $50 probably well spent and a lot of frustration on my part avoided :)

2) I have begun the car polishing exercise and applying the required stickers (at least the ones I have from Honda/Hoosier/SCCA etc). Lots of rubbing out left to do before I pack up. With all of the fiberglass and paint work, I got a lot of surface crud on the car. It doesn't look bad until you polish up one surface and compare it to the adjacent area. Next time I will keep the car covered better and during more of the process. I guess that is just a product of how I have been working lately. Stop by the garage thinking I will do just a little bit, and no need to cover everything up. Four hours later... the garage is a mess and a project is well underway... Oh well - at least it all seems to clean up nice, so no real harm done.

3) I have finally come to some consensus on the initial gearing to use, so tomorrow night it is gear change time. I think I will time the process to get a benchmark on how long it takes. I will likely want to make an adjustment after the test day next Thursday. I am still contemplating how much bodywork I want/need to remove to make it and efficent (and cleanly) process... Should be entertaining...

More tomorrow,
Sean

No comments: