Sunday, January 30, 2011

Body Work

New fill panel (left) unwrapped. Looks like this will work.

Right side fill panel turned out well also. Wish I had the rest of the parts on hand to continue the process...

Boredom is beginning to set in as I have very little left that I can do until I get the chassis back from Eric. So earlier this week I bought some aluminum polishing supplies. Looking at the dull front crush structure sitting around the garage inspired me to give it a try. The "before" picture is above.

Looking much nicer (far fron perfect, but nicer none-the-less). The fact is that it is hidden by the bodywork anyway so this was more or less just an exercise to fuel my own anal-retentiveness.

Yesterday I printed out the Homologation paperwork for getting the FF endoresement. Looks pretty simple, so that should go out to Topeka tomorrow.

I also have decided on my data acquisition options, so I will have to give Ellen Ferguson at Veracity Racing Data a call tomorrow afternoon to get that on the way. I ultimately settled on the EVO4 system from AIM and the steering wheel mounted display. With the dash so deep in the Citation cockpit, I felt it would be much easier to see that way. I am also adding an external wheelspeed sensor to the mix. I might ultimately add two to compare slip rates of front vs. rear tires with the GPS speed native in the unit.

At right around $1400 the AIM EVO4 system represents a lot of value for the money. Seems like only a few years ago that such systems were $4-5000 and much more complex to install.

Sean
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean,

While cleaning up the basement I found the wing "cutouts" from the nose that is on the car when you got it. They will probably glass back in rather easily. Also found a crush box cover...it is in two pieces but repairable. Let me know if you want either of them.

Dan

Unknown said...

Dan,

Sure. I can always use more "spares". I can send you a check or PayPal to cover the costs. Just e-mail me the details...

Thanks,
Sean

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the delay but hopefully you found a box with the parts in it on your doorstep the other day.

Dan