Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fuel Cell (Continued...)

Finally I test fit the top plate. I haven't drilled the holes for the outlet or the wiring bulkhead adapters yet. I wanted to be sure it fit and that the fastners would go in with minimal hassles first. Tomorrow night I should be able to do the final assembly on the pump/regulator assembly and drop it in.

Two more packages arrived this afternoon. Since I am converting the car from FC to FF use, I needed to rebuild my inventory of springs. Thanks again to the ApexSpeed community for making this fairly easy to accomplish. A quick scan of the classified sections found lots of options. A few mailed checks and PayPal transactions later and I now have a variety of choices from 450-800# to work with - including the baseline setup that Steve Lathrop shared with me last week.

So that does it for tonight. Tomorrow night should finish the fuel cell modification and setup portion of the project.

Coming up I have a few longer lead time items to get to work on:
- Ordering the data acquistion/dash system for the car. I am planning to use the AIM EVO system since it works well with the HPD ECU's CAN connection and will minimize the installation and wiring requirements.
- Ordering wheels (I am still torn between the options here - Panasport Ultralites, Megalites, OZ and Jongbloeds are all options).
- Applying for a homologation change for the car with the SCCA (I almost forgot this one until tonight).

Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: