Monday, January 31, 2011

More Bodywork

Moving on to the front of the car, I need to do some fitment work on the nose. The big issue or problem is that the "anteater" nose that I have does not fit well to the lower cover over the crush structure. To rememdy the situation two adjustments are needed. First I need to more closely align the seams on the lower nose and the crushbox cover vertically. I did this by adding a little fiberglass reinforced filler to the seam area between the lower cover and the upper nose (area seen in gray above). This worked well, but clearly exposes the other problem. The lower nose and crushbox cover have a 3/4" gap between them when the two halves of the nose are properly aligned...
So as my last project for tonight I carefully laminated an extension onto the lower nose piece to close that gap.

Tomorrow when it has dried I can work on fitting it all together.

Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: