Friday, January 28, 2011

Fuel Cell (Completed)

View of the completed cell from the rear. I used a small amount of Permatex on the cork/rubber gasket and fastner threads to help seal everything. With it all buttoned up it came time for the moment of truth.

I put a quart of so of gas into the cell and turned it upside down. And miracle of all miracles - no leaks... No even a little seepage. I held it that way for a few minutes just to be sure and then checked it over with a new paper towel. Looks like all systems go...

Front view of the completed fuel cell. Ready to go back into the chassis now.

After reading all of the discussion on the Honda FF Conversion Forums regarding initial installation problems in this area, I think the prudent thing to do now is to rig up a gauge and some temporary wiring to test it out. While I endevoured to make it fairly easy to remove the pump/regulator assembly it would be much easier to discover any problem now while it is all sitting on the work table.

So another milestone complete.

Tomorrow's agenda:
1) Order the AIM system
2) Call the SCCA to see what I need to do to get the Homologation Certificate updated to make the car SCCA FF legal.
3) Agonize over my wheel options some more...

Eric Langbein informs me that he is already at work on the engine cradle work. Hopefully he will share some pics soon and I will pass them on...

Thats all for tonight...
Sean
Posted by Picasa

No comments: