Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fuel System (Continued...)

New fuel cell top plate fabricated and testing out the fit. Looks good - the original five holes all line up correctly. Now it is time to take the plunge, and make the mod that can't be reversed.

Access hole expanded and the bottom plate installed. Time to test fit it all together.

But first I test fit the new custom-made cork/rubber gasket in place. Seems to fit fine with no wrinkles or gaps.
I bench assembled the pump regulator assembly to make sure I could snake it down past the foam to the bottom of the cell. I will probably need to do a little more trimming of the foam to get the elusive tight, but easily removable fit I am looking for. My worst fear was accidentily detaching the input 'pillow' in the process. So far - so good.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: